Cant Kill Process

Mytob 13:39 05 May 06

Been trying to install Guildwars on my pc a few time recently and when i get to disc changeover the process crashes and i cant kill it. Iv gone to processes in task manager and tryed to kill it from there and tryed kill process tree but i just cant get rid of the darn thing untill reboot! Wots up with this! I dont get any message saying another process is using it either!

WhiteTruckMan 16:20 05 May 06

that copies all the game files to the hdd (usually just requiring an original cd to run it). if so, try this.

also, have you looked on the manufacturers web site for bugs/fixes, faq's etc?

WTM

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:23 05 May 06

Have you tried loading in safe mode?

G

Mytob 00:41 06 May 06

Kinda hard to get bug fixes for it when its all streamed to you after the install :) I aslo managed to get control panel to close but still apear on the desktop covering 80% of my icons lol. I think its time again for the ultimet solution a format and reinstall :) Seem to be a regular part of pc maintainance for me and windoz. Every 2 months is reinstall time but me mac has survived since xmas. Shows which is the better os dont it!

remind 00:46 06 May 06

Are you referring to HalfLife2/Steam?
Windows can be a pain, but you shouldn't need to re-install every 2 months

remind 00:48 06 May 06

Sorry, I have no experience of Guildwars, the aforementioned Steam works on the same prinicple. Have you disabled AV software while installing? Re-enable immediately it's done of course.

Mytob 21:32 06 May 06

Tryed befor but didnt seem to work but just tryed again and it did when i disabled firewall aswell. Never had any probs befor with installing it. Must be a new installer or summin causing the prob. Any way tnks 4 the help :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…