Can't internet shop?

dazza39 17:08 25 Oct 03

I seem to have this problem where i want to buy something on the net and yet when i go the checkout to put my details in the shopping basket reads as empty?????,this has happened on a few sites and i don't know why,could it be my settings?,i'm at a loss

Ironman556 17:25 25 Oct 03

Do you block cookies? It may be that your security settings are too high, and no info is stored. If you're using Internet Explorer 5/6, go tools, internet options, privacy advanced. Override auto handlighg, block first & third party and allow session cookies.

If that doesn't work then go to the site and add somthing to the basket, the page will refresh. Look at the bottom bar of internet explorer and you'll see an eye symbol with a block symbol if cookies have been blocked. Double click it and select the entries that correspond to the site, right click them, select always allow, and ok it. Refresh the page and try shopping again.

Hope that solves the problem.

phenyl5 17:27 25 Oct 03

It is your settins - look at Active X under TOOLS - INTERNET OPTIONS - SECURITY and reset. If still continues ask your ISP for help. I had same prob. and solved it this way.

dazza39 13:03 28 Oct 03

Thanks guys will try this

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…