can't install zonealarm

BeeWee 20:36 28 Feb 03

apart from windows update not working i now can't install the free version of zone alarm....error message: validation failed for c:\windows\temp/VSUTIL.DLL i have a feeling there is something wrong with my pc!!!

Zak 21:11 28 Feb 03

Have you had ZA previously installed?

Perhaps you ended up with a corrupt installation. Best to uninstal following the instructions for your OS here:

click here

I would also download a new copy of ZA or use one from PCA disk if to hand, to attempt a clean install.

I find that running safe mode for installation is the best if you are having difficulties. That is for Win98.

BeeWee 21:14 28 Feb 03

i have tried d/l it from the website and from the pca disk with the same message when i try to install it

powerless 21:17 28 Feb 03

Follow Zaks's link to remove all traces of ZA.

That should allow you to install it.

BeeWee 21:23 28 Feb 03

but how can i uninstall it if it hasn't installed? it won't install and has given me the above message

powerless 21:29 28 Feb 03

I see...

Well go to that temp file and clear its conetnts to recycle bin. Then try again!

woodchip 21:29 28 Feb 03

There may be folders and files that it's loaded, go to start\find\ find files and look for Zonealarm

BeeWee 21:56 28 Feb 03

got rid of them all ..it still won't install ...i have a feeling i have a big problem here..windows update won't work and even when i follow the fix from microsoft knowledge i can't repair it...i have no files in the v4 folder...does this make sense?

BeeWee 22:01 28 Feb 03

and what does "validation failed" mean?

hugh-265156 22:02 28 Feb 03

i think i can remember somthing about cryptographic service needing to be running for windows update to work correctly.i may be wrong.

woodchip 22:05 28 Feb 03

If you are win98 run SFC from run, Also do a repair of IE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…