Can't install Windows Media Player 11 on WindowsXP

clj7 02:00 24 Apr 09

When I try installing Media Player 11 (I currently have version 10), I get an error message during the installation saying:

"Un supported Operating System

Please visit Windows Update to download the Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 before installing Windows Media Player 11"

I have done this, and I successfully installed the Rollup 2 plugin, but I still get the same error. I've been having this problem for months now. Can anyone please help me here? Thank you for your time!

phono 02:09 24 Apr 09

Is your OS Windows XP Media Center Edition? If not you may well not be able to install the update, hence the unsupported Operating System error message.

clj7 02:22 24 Apr 09

My OS is Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3 according to the information in my My Computer Propities

And I really need Media Player 11, without it I can't use Sky Player.

realist 09:38 24 Apr 09

Possible solution in this thread on another forum:

click here

Graphicool1 09:44 24 Apr 09

Does your PC conform with these requirements...
click here

Graphicool1 09:59 24 Apr 09

Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP cannot be installed on computers running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002 or Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004.

Zeppelyn 16:14 24 Apr 09

Apparently there is a way to do it but its a bit fiddly and you lose all media centre functionality in the process. If you prepared to do so then click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…