Cant install virus scan

tammie 17:30 18 Mar 05

I have paid for and downloaded a professional 8 virus scan,i double click but it wont finish install,have spoke to numerous technicians,but keep going round the houses with answer so they sent me a cd,it still wont install it justdoes not start installing at all,fed up, have taken proffesional 7 off so cant understandwhy it wont go,have had other problems since installed mcaffe spyware could this be answer,it takes hours to talk on chat to technician,somebody please help as not protected,been going on for 5wks now.

Technotiger 17:55 18 Mar 05

click here for free avg.

I would advise you to get yourself protected before anything else.

Cheers.

Technotiger 17:58 18 Mar 05

Also get and run Ad-Aware at click here
also free.

Make sure you also have a Firewall from either Zone Alarm or Kerio - click here both are also free.

Cheers.

dogbreath1 18:08 18 Mar 05

Based upon your experience...

McAfee Spyware + McAfee Virus Scan + Problems = £50
MS Antispyware + Avast + Carefree Computing = £00

Probably the most important thing that I've learned about p.cs, the fact that nearly all of the software you might need or want is free and it works well!

You can make your machine a virtual fortress (if you'll pardon the pun) for no cost at all.

No doubt there'll be many posts to this thread recommending what you need.

'Have just reread the forum rules so I'd better say no more about McAfee.

tammie 12:06 20 Mar 05

Thank you for your emails but none of them answer my problem of how do i install my virus scan,i have reinstalled my old one ok with no problems but the new disc wont take,any experts out there please.

Technotiger 12:11 20 Mar 05

Hi again - if your pc is still not protected then your first priority must be to get it protected using above links - then worry about whether you can install your new cd. Perhaps the cd is faulty, it can and does happen often enough.

Cheers.

Belatucadrus 14:21 20 Mar 05

Try removing both Anti Virus and running a registry cleaner like click here Regseeker, then try installing again.
The fact that the version 8 installation doesn't even start, but the 7 works makes me wonder if the disk is faulty. Having a faulty disk and corrupt download seems unlikely, but not completely impossible, try them on another PC to see if they work elsewhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…