Can't install update for microsoft works.

hiwatt 16:46 14 Aug 08

Hi folks,I'm being offered an important update for microsoft works 8 but it won't install without the cd.I don't have the cd and when I browse for the file on my computer it can't find it.I've tried the search facility but it doesn't seem to be there.Any idea how I can install this update?Thankyou.

crosstrainer 16:53 14 Aug 08

This seems to be a common problem, some information :

click here

It can be done, follow the step by step above.

I take it you sorted your other problems then?

hiwatt 17:05 14 Aug 08

Yes crosstrainer got it sorted with help from microsoft.Believe it or not eventually what sorted it out was going into advanced settings in internet explorer and resetting it and this solved the updates problem.Thanks.

hiwatt 17:09 14 Aug 08

There's a link to a manual download of the update(KB955428)but it comes in 30+ seperate updates.Surley there's a way to download the update in one go?

crosstrainer 17:27 14 Aug 08

Should be one:

click here

But even the 30 isn't that big.

hiwatt 17:35 14 Aug 08

This is the update I'm being told to install click here but it's only giving me the option to download it in parts.Is that update not availiable in one file?Thanks.

crosstrainer 18:03 14 Aug 08

Yes, at the top of the page click "Download files below"

And then install.

Needs to be separate apparently

MCE2K5 01:19 15 Aug 08
  Zak 08:27 15 Aug 08

I would go for this one
KB955428_en-US.cab

BUT there is also this one. Not sure if it is for UK - perhaps someone can confirm:

KB955428_uk-UA.cab

hiwatt 10:38 15 Aug 08

To be honest,I've never used microsoft works so is there really any point in installing the update?I usually just all updates deemed important.Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now