Can't install from Toshiba DVD drive under XP

steved 23:23 23 Apr 03

Okay - last one for tonight... have replaced motherboard/CPU and upgraded to XP. My DVD drive (a Toshiba SD-M1202) appears to work correctly - device manager reports no problems, I can play audio cds, view the contents of cd-roms/dvds and copy files from them.

BUT - if I try to INSTALL a program from a cd-rom or dvd in this drive, I get the message "the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on ok to terminate the application". I had to use my cd writer to install XP and all my software, and of course I can't install anything that's on a dvd. The drive worked fine with win98/old motherboard.

Anybody?

woodchip 23:32 23 Apr 03

Have you loaded DVD software for it, as drivers come with that also. but it should not need them under XP

powerless 23:47 23 Apr 03

Start > Run > Copy and Paste:

eventvwr.msc

Then click "ok".

Now look at the system and application logs and see if there is an ERROR click this error and click the link in the log and see what it says, hopefully a fix.

You could try... Start > Run > Copy and Paste:

SFC /SCANNOW

Click ok this will put any XP files right, have your XP CD in the drive when you do this. Hopefully this will work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…