Can't install RealPlayer 11 gold

Buffy's mum 17:17 24 Apr 08

Hi all, Using Windows XP Pro and tried to update to realplayer 11 last night. Everything seemed to go well until the actual install - as soon as it starts it closes before completion and I've re-booted, tried several times etc. with no joy. The icon is on my desktop, but when you click it goes into the install cycle again. Any ideas? I'm also having trouble with the video driver (see separate thread) could this be related?
thnks!

MAT ALAN 17:34 24 Apr 08

Could be related, sensible thing to do is resolve your graphics driver issue first and then try again, trying to fix two separate things at once will only cause confusion...

slimk 19:54 24 Apr 08

There's a free program out there called 'realalternative'. It does everything Real Player does but without the strings attached. No e-mail required, no pop-ups, no 'calling home' and no inconvenient CPU assault. Got 40 PCs at work running it...so far with no problems. Good luck with your drivers: )

Buffy's mum 12:36 25 Apr 08

hi Mat Alan and slimk - didn't have time to do anything last night but will have a play over the wknd and report back as and when! many thanks for help so far - keep the suggestions coming!

Buffy's mum 17:30 27 Apr 08

Hi all, Not really resolved, but lost patience and have re-installed an earlier version until I'm sure my pc is cured of all other ills! thanks for all help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced