Can't install old (Samsung)printer with Windows XP

HarrassedHarriet 00:13 16 Feb 08

I have a very sturdy and reliable old Samsung Smartjet printer/fax that I'm reluctant to chuck away. It worked with Windows ME. Now I've got a computer with Windows XP it won't install, although I have the printer driver disc and I have got New Hardware Wizard. The Wizard keeps telling me (a) the printer is not digitally signed, (b) the computer doesn't recognize what's on the printer driver disc as relevant to my hardware, (c) I need to put in the original Windows XP disc, which I havn't got. Is this a sign that my XP is defective (it's a secondhand) or just that my printer is too old and has to be sent to the dump?
There are no drivers listed anywhere for Samsung Smartjet Full Colour Multifunction. It hasn't got any mumbers that I can find but it's been far more reliable than any other printer.
I am still hoping to find somewhere, a magical update file or something that would adapt the old driver for Windows XP. I thought that Windows XP would do anything that the older versions would do?

Totally-braindead 00:20 16 Feb 08

WHat is the model of printer?

Totally-braindead 00:26 16 Feb 08

Just read what you said. What does it say on the disk?

Totally-braindead 00:34 16 Feb 08

I've found about 40 Samsung Multifunction printer drivers on their website but none are called "Samsung Smartjet Full Colour Multifunction" so I'm stuck.

HarrassedHarriet 00:43 16 Feb 08

Thanks for your reply. All it says on the printer is Samsung Smartjet Full Colour multifunction. Oh! I've just looked on the driver disc and it says SF-4300C/4500(C).
Maybe that is the number?

MCE2K5 00:46 16 Feb 08

try here, click here

Totally-braindead 00:49 16 Feb 08

SF 4500C driver click here=

Can't find a 4300 listed there is a 430. Try that driver and see what it does.

Totally-braindead 00:53 16 Feb 08

Found it the 4300C click here=

MCE2K5 00:55 16 Feb 08

SF-4300C, click here

SF-4500C, click here

HarrassedHarriet 12:51 16 Feb 08

Thank you many many times. That is so kind of you. Unortunately, I still have a messages saying that certain files are needed from my Windows XP disc. And I haven't got one! Maybe it can download those from the internet too?

Totally-braindead 14:16 16 Feb 08

Do you know anyone that you could borrow a windows disk off?

It has to be the same as you have IE if you have XP Pro then it has to be an XP Pro disk or if its XP Home it has to be a Home disk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now