Can't install apps on Surface RT

renard 00:50 13 Jan 14
Answered

This is driving me crazy!

I access my Surface RT tablet with a Microsoft account password. No problem.

Then I go to the Store, select a free app and click Install. I get told to input the Microsoft account password. But all I get is 'Incorrect password', even though it is the correct password I have just used to access the beast in the first place!!

I have been over four hours looking for a solution. PLEASE help me!

Ex plorer 15:35 13 Jan 14

Hi I have no experience in down loading apps But...

Have you tried shutting down and a fresh boot up. Make sure caps lock hasn't been locked, or num-lock switched off at some point.

I cant see any one else having this problem on line, but there is a way to reset the password in you-tube, seems to be a lengthily process though.

As you type the password in does it show ....... or can you actually see the password name as you type it in.

if its ....... make sure each time you hit a key for your password or number it is showing a . as you may have a stuck key etc.

renard 23:33 13 Jan 14
Answer

Many thanks for your advice, Ex plorer.

I had already tried rebooting, many times, with no success.

Today, someone elsewhere suggested that perhaps my original Microsoft Account setup was defective in some way.

He was right! The solution was a factory reset and creating an entirely new Microsoft Account. Fortunately I haven't had the tablet long, so there were hardly any of my own files on there.

The reset has solved the problem, all is now OK. Thanks again for your interest.

wee eddie 09:24 14 Jan 14

Do you have a Hotmail, MSN or Outlook.com Account, if so, try the Password for one of those?

renard 21:22 14 Jan 14

Thanks, Eddie, but please see my post above - the problem is solved!

wee eddie 11:30 15 Jan 14

Sorry renard, but the Green Tick had not been activated when I posted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…