cant insatall ME

willhay 08:32 20 Mar 04

Ok clever people lets see if this can be sorted. A friend of mine is trying to rebuild his PC (Asus A7V8X MoBo, 512ram, Athlon 2700.) He is trying to install windows ME and has formatted his 120gb h/d with dos (?). ME goes on but when it finishes the installation and the pc is rebooted it lock and says windows protection error. So he reboots in safe mode and the following is displayed.
Error: I/O subsystem driver failed to load. Either a file in the .\iosubsys subdirectory is corrupt or the system is low on memeory. system halted.
He has changed the ram, processor and the hard drive, all to no evail, Being an ASUS mobo I find it hard to believe that is at fault as the nes I have usd in the past are 100% reliable.....Any ideas....By the way this also happens if he tries to install windows 98

Diodorus Siculus 11:45 20 Mar 04

I would suggest that he gets an updated version of fdisk to paritition the drive; that could be the problem (if he has used the older version on the CD).

Mango Grummit 12:12 20 Mar 04

I'm not "clever people" btw but I think your MBR (master boot record) is up the spout.

The whole disk needs formatting using the ME disc you obviously have ---- and start again.

The manual will be helpful too as really that info is all you need but I can post the precise way to do it if the manual happens to be not available, but not today as I'm out in a mo.

Of course the problem may be with your friends rebuild.

Eh? Just noticed .. Will Hay.... didn't you used to be in the films. Have a word with Harold, teehe

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…