Cant go on the web with IE

Mark McC 12:25 12 Feb 07

Hello,

i cannot get on the internet with ie 6 ( i dont want ie 7 because i only use xp for vid editing ) i uninstalled norton internet security and anti virus and moved to AVG free i have tryed ipdonfig/flushdns but still i cannot get on with ie i am posting this through my My Computer window lol

any advice anyone
thanks
mark

jimv7 12:34 12 Feb 07
  birdface 12:42 12 Feb 07

You should run the Norton Removal tool.Its the only way to get Norton removed properly from your computer.Then run C Cleaner to get rid of it completely.Then you will have to get a Firewall.Might be a conflict between Norton and AVG.Have you tried,Control Panel, Internet Options.Programs.Internet Explorer is the default web browser, Make sure it is pressed.

Mark McC 16:06 12 Feb 07

jimv7 i tryed that and it worked but when i restarted it didnt work it went back to normal . but i will run it again thanks :)

buteman i thaught when i removed norton everything was removed but i ran CCleaner and they were lots or registry items still in there from norton and the anispam folder still in my outlook express but i will soon find away to get away and i will try the thing you said because and if that dosent work i will try installing mozilla firefox but i will do that the next time i need to go on xp because i am on Windows Vista. thanks and i didnt know how much norton slowed down my laptop and its a P4HT 3.40GHZ but its a lot faster and renders videos now that i have AVG :)

thanks everyone.

Mark McConnell

skidzy 16:07 12 Feb 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…