Can't go direct to required website

jonem81 10:57 AM 30 Nov 12

When I am on a website, and there is a link to another website, I am annoyed that Google pops up, requesting password and email. I DON'T want to go through Google everytime I need to link to another site. Can any forum member help, please?

Sea Urchin 12:58 PM 30 Nov 12

When you say "Google pops up" what exactly does open up that asks for your password and email?

jonem81 13:04 PM 30 Nov 12

Sea Urchin Thye Google website. jonem81

jonem81 13:06 PM 30 Nov 12

Sea Urchin

That should have read "The Google website"

iscanut2 13:09 PM 30 Nov 12

What browser are you using, what is your default search engine and please let us know the exact URL of the "website"..www.????????

Sea Urchin 13:11 PM 30 Nov 12

The Google website doesn't ask for password etc unless you are referring to the site for Google Mail

Woolwell 13:17 PM 30 Nov 12

iGoogle can ask for your password. But you shouldn't get it "pop up" when clicking on a link.

jonem81 14:34 PM 30 Nov 12

iscanut My browser is: Internet Explorer 9 on Windows 7 (64bit).

Default Search Engine

Will post more details of events later.

Thank you for your response.

jonem81 11:54 AM 01 Dec 12

Sea Urchin

Can't go direct to required website. posted N0v 30

more details about the links to website sales@etc....

I clicked on a link on a website for more information about a product and was re-directed to "google// +++++++!"

Sign in

But of course, I do not want this. I want to go straight to the link that was on the website I was browsing!

Any ideas, please?

rdave13 12:04 PM 01 Dec 12

Just a thought, do you have Gmail Notifier installed?

Secret-Squirrel 12:41 PM 01 Dec 12

"more details about the links to website sales@etc..."

The "sales@etc" link you've mentioned is what's called a mailto: link. It's not a website address but is instead used to e-mail a company or individual. When a user clicks a mailto: link, their default e-mail application is opened. In your case it sounds like Google Mail is set as the default and it's asking you to login.

I think rdave is on the right track with his Gmail Notifier query.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know