Cant get windows to load

Dirk Diggler 11:20 28 Sep 08

I am having a problem with getting windows to load, or at least SEEING it being loaded

On powering up PC, I get the usual XP flash screen with the blue scrolling bar.

The just at the point where you would normally get the user accounts screen, the monitor goes into "power saving" mode and effectively goes to sleep

I have tested this on another monitor with the same result so it is something on the actual machine itself.

After the PC has sent the monitor to sleep all the fans / noises etc are still as though everything was running fine in the background

I do not have a windows disk as such just the manufacturers "restore" discs

Any ideas please as I would really like to keep this particular PC running for a good few more months yet

mgmcc 12:46 28 Sep 08

Can you get into "Safe Mode"? It could be a problem with the graphics card drivers which need to be reinstalled.

Dirk Diggler 12:53 28 Sep 08

But ..... it looks like it is the gfx card as i have just taken it out and managed to boot up normally

:-)

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…