cant get into windows

redsusan 13:39 15 May 06

This morning i tried to load windows and it stuck on the windows page without any icons so i rebooted and now i keep getting the same message .
windows did not start successfully,a recent harware or software change might have caused it.
if previous startup attempt eas interupted due to power failer or because the power or reset button was pressed or if you arent sure what caused the problem choose start windows normally
or safe mode
orsalfe mode with networking
or safe mode with command prompt
last known good configuration (your most recent setting that worked).
i've tried all options and none work.
i run on windows xp pro
when i bought my pc i was not given a disk .
please help i'm stuck in an internet cafe.

Diodorus Siculus 14:03 15 May 06

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news but without a CD you might have some difficulties. :-(

john-232317 14:04 15 May 06

You really need an XP disc cos you may need to do a SFC check. But try this.... Tap F8 once per second as the PC boots until you get to the "safe mode" option screen, if you get there select "safe mode" and see if it boots.

If it does, try rolling the system back using system restore, however your description of the cause suggests that you may have some severely damaged Windows files and will need to do a system file check but you will need the XP disc.

redsusan 14:04 15 May 06

so it's another £50 to the repair man is it?

remind 14:29 15 May 06

borrow an xp disc
recovery; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…