Can't get welcome screen back?!?!?

hazap2 21:06 15 Apr 05

You know with windows XP at the start up you can either get the old fashioned logon screen where you've gotta put in user name and password, but you can also get the welcome screen with pictures, names etc... well after removing a theme from my computer i can't get it back, i've tried changing it in user administartor and everything, but to no avail, it's not for my sake but for my families, any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you,

stalion 21:07 15 Apr 05

system restore!

Graham ® 21:07 15 Apr 05

System Restore should do the trick.

feb 06:47 16 Apr 05

Hi hazap2

This might help click here then click on "W" and look for "welcome screen"

rawprawn 08:22 16 Apr 05

click here download a free trial of this prgram and in Winstyle change the log in screen to what you want. It's a great little program I finished up buying it as it does a lot of other usefull things.

VoG II 08:29 16 Apr 05
  hazap2 21:12 18 Apr 05

thanks guys, that program is fantastic, may end up buying it myself, i know you can do it all as usual, but having it in one place is useful.

hazap2 21:56 19 Apr 05

unfort the program hasn't sorted it out, still can't get my welcome screen back, any more ideas? I don't mind 'messing about' with my registry, but would rather try anything else first, or does it look like i'll have to? Thanks in advance,

woodchip 22:01 19 Apr 05

Can you get into windows in safe mode. Keep pressing F5 as computer starts then ether run System restore or Go to Start\Run type MSCONFIG press enter go to startup tab remove all ticks then try a restart, if it gets into windows you have a driver problem. you can find out by putting one tick back at a time and try a restart

stalion 22:04 19 Apr 05

you could also try last known good configueration in safe mode

hazap2 10:01 20 Apr 05

the problem is i dont want to do system restore as i've been trying to get rid of this program for ages, it's been a nuisance, i think i may have to go into my registry, may try safe mode first and see what i can do, thanks again everyone,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…