Can't get System Restore

heavymetalkid 21:45 23 Oct 05

I have a problem with system restore on my PC. I can go all the way along to choosing a date then I click next to start the restore but it goes no further. I have tried repeatedly to access, with no success.
Can anyone help please?

AndySD 21:51 23 Oct 05

Try running it in safe mode.

Restart the computer.

Some computers have a progress bar that refers to the word BIOS. Others may not let you know what is happening.

As soon as the BIOS loads, begin tapping the F8 key on your keyboard. Do so until the Windows Advanced Options menu appears.

If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. If this happens, restart the computer and try again.

Using the arrow keys on the keyboard, select Safe mode and then press Enter.

kinger 21:52 23 Oct 05

type: sfc /scannow
This will check your system for files being intact and in correct versions.

kinger 21:53 23 Oct 05

kinger 21:53 23 Oct 05

kinger 21:56 23 Oct 05

Sorry about all that. I posted the message but it stated that there was an error so I tried again and again.

Obviously there wasn't an error after all!

woodchip 21:56 23 Oct 05

If Restore does not work you will have turn it off and lose all your retore points. then turn back on and create new restore point

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…