Cant get Sound to work on ECS K7SOM+ M-Board

JAYSO 22:38 20 Jul 05

I have a AMDXP 1.17ghz chip installed on the board. After installing XP I cannot get the on-board sound to work despite loading all the drivers from the CD. Every thing looks fine in the device manager. Has anyone come across this prob before? Is it simply a case of a faulty chip on the board?

Stuartli 23:01 20 Jul 05

Is it (on-board sound) Enabled in the Bios?

Re the Device Manager, is it Enabled in the drop down menu from its Propreties?

JAYSO 23:21 20 Jul 05

It is on board sound and I have checked the bios and it is enabled. I have also checked the properties in the device manager and it reports that the device is working properly??

Stuartli 09:25 21 Jul 05

Then have you checked out the Volume Control panel? You may have muted or turned the sliders down in one or more sections.

Also check out the Sounds and Audio Devices' Properties from Control Panel and that programs or applications that use sound - such as Windows Media Player - haven't had the Mute button enabled inadvertently or the volume level lowered.

I've got a similar problem at present with a friend's modem in his system. Everything is listed as hunkey dorey, yet the modem can't be found when attempting to dial out...:-(

Going to try my own modem in it later today.

Stuartli 09:26 21 Jul 05

If you key in "Sound" or "No Sound" into the Search box above left, there have been quite a few threads recently on this subject - they may provide other possible solutions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…