Can't get to sleep!

legalrep 10:16 03 Jan 08

After major problems and having to reinstall my graphic cards (have twin 7800gt Nvidia) everything seem to be back to normal except one really silly thing!

When I press the sleep button on my keyboard the system says its going into sleep mode but shuts down and I have to restart same as when I first switch on!

I have gone to Power option and reset here but does the same thing for some reason my machine seems to have lost the ability to go into sleep mode.

Any ideas any one? Not a major problem but don't understand why all of a sudden this has started to happen.

pchelper001 10:30 03 Jan 08

if use the sleep button in your start menu, does it still shut down, if not, it may be your keyboard.

legalrep 10:42 03 Jan 08

If use start button it does the same!

pchelper001 10:44 03 Jan 08

is it vista or xp?

legalrep 10:47 03 Jan 08

sorry should have said XP Pro

pchelper001 10:52 03 Jan 08

if it is vista then

go to power options, then click the change power plan on the one you use you use and go to advanced power options.

go to 'power buttons and lid' and go to 'sleep button action' then check they say sleep.

pchelper001 10:54 03 Jan 08

ahh sorry, wrote the response before i realised you said xp pro

legalrep 10:55 03 Jan 08

no problem thanks for trying to help

pchelper001 10:59 03 Jan 08

sorry i don't know the answer...all i can say is that you might have to live with it!

have you tried reinstalling xp?

pchelper001 11:00 03 Jan 08

it could be setting in your bios but i don't know if you want to go fiddling in it...

legalrep 11:01 03 Jan 08

I'll live with it! thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…