Can't get rid of Wanadoo icon

Graham ® 12:30 01 Jun 06

My brother-in-law has a Wanadoo icon on his desktop, also a 'onetel' icon, which he can't get rid of. He no longer uses Wanadoo, and the program seems to have gone. I've asked him to send me a screenshot to see where the icon is.

In the meantime, anyone had a similar experience, please?

Eric half-a-bee 12:45 01 Jun 06

It can be done, although it took me ages to figure it out and now I can't remember exactly what I did. I think I searched for all icons, found where the wanadoo icon was located (it will a series a seprate icons that make up the animation), deleted it and repaired IE to restore the original. However, I suspect that are far easier option will be to install MS Tweak UI click here open it then go to "Internet Explorer" and set the icons.
The other incredibly annoying legacy of Wanadoo is the "Internet Explorer/Outlook Express provided by Wanadoo" banner. Go to registry and serach for all instances of Wanadoo. When find text matching the banner edit it to your desired message.

Graham ® 14:05 01 Jun 06

Thanks, I've sent him the instructions to use TweakUI. I thought about searching the Registry for 'Wanadoo', but I suspect it is not that simple.

VoG II 22:33 01 Jun 06

To get rid of the unwanted icons try click here

To remove the branding, Start, Run, type in

rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear

exactly as written and click OK.

Graham ® 08:24 02 Jun 06

Thanks, I will pass those one. He may be wishing he never asked, though!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…