Can't get rid of Trojan

MickinPlymouthUK 04:25 22 Apr 06

Hi, my AVG scan detected a trojan called "Trojan horse downloader.Harig.AK" but didn't do anything about it, the test result reads -Infected 2,
Healed 0,
Moved to v-vault 0,
Deleted 0.

Its infected two files - y93bi50m.exe and loadnew.exe.
And if I try to manually delete them or move them to the vault I chicken out in the face of the dire warning "System file, deletion may affect your computer!" and daren't touch them.
There was a "heal" option but when I clicked it I got "function not available"

I ran 2 more scans but they still couldn't budge it so presumably the trojan is still on my system.
Shall I just ignore it or what?
I'm Win 98SE and totally PC-illiterate.
Thanks

remind 04:37 22 Apr 06

They're not system files they're safe to remove, they 're probably in one of the Windows system file folders which is why AVG is warning you.
Boot in Safe Mode (hold Ctrl or repeatedly press F8 during boot), run a scan and remove them. Reboot.
If you get a warning from Windows saying it can't find the files you just removed (good thing too) get this program and uncheck the matching file names.
click here

MickinPlymouthUK 00:47 24 Apr 06

Okay thanks, the safe mode routine seems to have worked a treat :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…