Can't get rid of Spyware

simonabsalom 08:54 28 Sep 04

I've got a really annoying spyware problem.

My IE browser seems to have been hijacked by some *!@:ty spyware. No matter what website i try and go to, it defaults to click here. I have tried deleting temp files, cookies etc and changed home page to something else. I have also installed the latest version of ad-aware with latest update and no luck. It found a few things but didn't solve the browser problem.

Has anyone got any other ideas before i just re-install XP again?

Any help would be most appreciated

Diodorus Siculus 08:57 28 Sep 04

click here
click here
CWS click here

These may help.

hillybilly 09:26 28 Sep 04

Try to do a system restore back to an earlier date.

johnnyrocker 09:53 28 Sep 04

a microworld scan may sort it for you
click here

johnny.

Jason-211945 10:04 28 Sep 04

I've found that Hijack This works in the past click here

simonabsalom 10:26 28 Sep 04

Appears you have to buy that software Rockbloke. It scans for free but then you have to pay to register to remove the stuff. Would rather a free solution.

Thanks for all the advice though I have a few more things to try!

christor 10:30 28 Sep 04

i Have more or less exactly the same problem. This one keeps on opening up new processes in my systray, when I try to close them a new different one opens. I have tried everything, running ad-aware, cws shredder and editing the registry in safe-mode but nothing works. I thought that some has after my last posting, but on restarting ie, they all appeared again. Anyone any other ideas?

johnnyrocker 10:35 28 Sep 04

try my microworld posting.

johnny.

no-name 10:42 28 Sep 04

simonabsalom and christor try scanning with HijackThis as Rockbloke suggested.

If you have any doubts about what you can delete post the result of your scan in this thread.

recap 10:55 28 Sep 04

click here this may help you?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…