Can't get rid of Offline Files

Gaz W 11:46 22 Apr 04

Just installed XP Pro and have set it up on a domain. The problem I'm having now is one I've had before and posted on here, but this site no longer seems to keep all of your past postings.

Anyway every time I log on or off I get the synchronise window and on selected files and folders I get a white box with two blue arrows in it, which is really annoying.

I don't want to use Offline Files so I was wondering how I'm supposed to turn it off.

When I go to Tools > Folder Options there is no Offline Files tab. This may be because I have a group policy disabling Offline Files but somehow XP has decided to use them and lock me out from disabling them!!!

Is there another way to disable them?

Taff36 12:58 22 Apr 04

In IE6 go Tools>Synchronise then hit the setup button and at the bottom untick the two boxes "When I Log On" "When I log Off"

Or is this what is not available to you?

Gaz W 14:10 22 Apr 04

Thanks for that information. That was available to me, but since I updated Windows the synchronising seems to have vanished. I unchecked the boxes anyway though as they were still checked.

I'm not going to tick this as resolved yet until I can be sure the problem has definitely gone away.

Thanks again for your help,

Gaz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple