Cant get rid of Nero

Thomo1 01:05 22 Jan 05

I thought i had deleted Nero but it has re-appeared in my add/remove progs.

Probbo is when ever i go to uninstall it i get the following error message.

"Error 1316. A network error ocured while attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\Nero-BurningRoom.msi."

And im dammed if i can find this folder manually!!!

Any ideas peeps???

MIke 01:12 22 Jan 05

You could try Nero's clean Tool click here

I had to use it once to get rid of any traces of Nero as an upgrade caused me problems til I'd got rid of the previous version completely

sicknote 01:13 22 Jan 05

click here
for software to remove all parts of nero

dan11 01:17 22 Jan 05

Your best bet is to follow Mike's link.

FYI The folder should be in "C" > programme files > ahead > nero. It also has listings in msconfig > startup. These cannot be deleted from windows and need them de=activated with a reboot before they can be removed.

dan11 01:22 22 Jan 05

and to follow sicknotes link.lol

I must learn to refresh before I post ~))

hugh-265156 01:24 22 Jan 05

try this.

right click the start button and choose 'explore' then navigate to 'c:\program files' if c: is your main drive. delete the folder here named 'ahead' if its there.

next click 'start/run' then type 'regedit' and next click on 'my computer'(top left) to highlight it then click 'file/export' and save a backup of your registry just in case or make a system restore point before carring on. you can always boot into safe mode and click on the reg file to fix it if you make a mistake.

navigate to 'HKEY\Local\Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall'

click the + next to 'uninstall' to expand it and click on each entry below and look in the right had side pane for the info. what you want to do here is find anything here related to 'ahead' or 'nero burning rom' and then right click in the left hand side pane and choose delete.

once you have deleted all the references to nero restart your computer and it should now be gone from add remove programs list.

you could also try the nero clean tool may help click here

hugh-265156 01:25 22 Jan 05

wish i could type faster sorry folks :-)

Thomo1 09:43 22 Jan 05

used the nero cleanin tools and successfully combated the defeat of Nero.

Thanks guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…