Can't get rid of desktop right-click item

Chris the Ancient 19:27 25 Mar 05

It's only a little niggle - but after a while, it can get annoying.

Running XP Home with SP2.

I bought an Epson R200 a while back and it basically does all I want it to do. Especially print the back of CDs.

Whenever I use the CD printer function, after use it leaves an "Epson Print CD Document" shortcut in the desktop right click 'New' list. And I can easily remove it using TweakUI. I've even tried removing it from the TweakUI template list.

Then, the next time I use the CD print function, it's back again!

I've looked in the registry when the shortcut is there and it appears in about five places. After I've completely removed the shortcut, it appears in two places...

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TBD.document

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TBD.document

OK. it's not the end of the world! But I do feel that it is a little sneaky by Epson. If a do a restore point before I do anything, would removing those two entries do any serious damage?

Chris the Ancient 20:23 25 Mar 05

Well... I took a chance. Made a restore point. Did a regedit and took out the two 'guilty' looking entries.

So far... it seems OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…