Can't get rid of this Adware

barrydol 13:39 31 May 05

A Norton Scan found some Adware (Adware.Betterinternet). Deleted it as requested. Ran a Norton fix for it, again as requested by Norton. However it seems to reload every time I reboot. A Webroot Spysweeper scan can't find it. My knowledge of the Registry is basic but I would be willing to try to edit it if its straightforward and gets rid of it. Can anyone help? I'm at work just now. Will be at my own PC later.

g40 13:45 31 May 05

Hi, some adware manages to hide as it were in the restore files, disable the system restore and then delete the files and then reboot and switch restore back on, it worked for me. Good luck.

Indigo 1 13:52 31 May 05

First you may need to disable system restore before you run a scan as it could be hiding there and re-appear each time you re-boot but be aware that disabling system restore will delete all your restore points, you can re-enable it afterwards.

Right click My Computer Icon then select Properties then click on restore tab and un tick the box.

Second you might need to use more than one tool to remove it, AdAware SE is highly recommended click here

As is SpyBot S&D click here

Also SpywareBlaster click here to prevent them getting in.

And one more that I would recommend is Ewido click here which is free to try but the only restrictions for not purchasing means you have to update and run it manually.

You must update all these products before you atually use them each time.

Joe R 13:53 31 May 05

barrydol, scroll down to removal instructions, and download the removal tool.
click here

rawprawn 15:22 31 May 05

Delete it in safe mode

barrydol 19:25 31 May 05

Thanks to those who replied.Took a chance and managed to get rid using programme from the company who installed the stuff originally. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…