Can't get to play the games

CHUNKY365 11:47 04 Apr 05

Hello there wondering if anyone could help. I recently upgraded my MSN Messenger to Ver.7.0.

Since then I have been unable to play any of the games, such as pool, cards, etc.

I am subscribed to the games service and my subscription is upto date.

I never had this problem before with the old 6.2 version.

Also, this trouble occurs with all my contacts, not just anyone in particular.

I contacted Microsoft, through their help service, but I received an automated response. I undertook the advice they gave me (ie change directX settings, lower the security, switch off Firewall, etc) but to no avail.

I'm running the latest windows Xp package and As I say didn't have trouble with the older version of Messenger.

The really odd thing is, I'm subscribed but can't invite a non-subscribed player, althought they can invite me?

Heres hoping someone can help.

Curio 20:37 04 Apr 05

You could use System Restore and go back to a point before you updated to Version 7.

PSF 20:45 04 Apr 05

This is beta version and so not everything may work. It might be best to un-install version 7 and re-install V6 and wait for the released version.

PSF 22:18 18 Apr 05

I have had the same problem to cure it, start a message with one of your contacts turn of your firewall, I use NIS 2005, click on the games it will say unavailable. Click on activities then games again and they will appear.

Turn on your security straight away again.

I have just done this to both my pc's and the games now work ok on both pc's.

One has NIS 2004 and the other NIS 2005. For some reason both pc's were blocking MSN games with Version7.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…