Cant get Pcillin 2003 to update virus pattern file

hard drive 18:01 22 Jun 03

I have a full licensed version and when I try to update i get a message saying unable to connect check your internet connection.
I use NTL cable broadband via a USB modem and the connection is fine, I am not aware of any proxy settings and this option is switched off in Pcillin.
Thanks in advance..

hard drive 11:26 11 Jul 03

any ideas?

Confab 11:39 11 Jul 03

Have you not been able to connect since 22 June? There have been some updates since then. I would contact Trend direct. They have excellent support via the website. Send them a mail and they will respond, usually within 24 hours.

click here and then click Support.

hard drive 11:45 11 Jul 03

Still no auto update, I have browsed their tech site and have managed to manually upload the latest pattern file a couple of times but it is a bit long winded.
I even downloaded an update (all 17Mb of it) only to discover it is the pcillin 2003 full version I already have and not an update or patch to it.
I run XP and have no other problems.

Confab 11:48 11 Jul 03

Firewall - Do you have one or maybe two with XP installed and is it set to allow Trend to update?

hard drive 12:07 11 Jul 03

Confab thanks for your help.

I use zone alarm and tried switching it off with no change.I have also authorised pcc client in the allow list.
I have never used the XP firewall do you know how to ensure it is disabled?

Confab 12:16 11 Jul 03

I'm sure I had a similar problem with my pc and I had to un-install zone Alarm and then run a prog called Jv16 powertools to remove the Zone Alarm registry entries and then PC-Cillin would work. I then re-installed Zone Alarm and I've had no probelms since. I'm sure there is reference to this on Trend's site.

Sorry but I still using trusty old Win98 so I'll leave it to someone else to tell you how to check the xp firewall settings.

If you have no joy I would still suggest contacting Trend via the link posted above.

hard drive 12:25 11 Jul 03

Just installed jv16 so will give it a try.
I will post here with any result
Thanks

hard drive 12:49 11 Jul 03

I uninstalled zone alarm then cleaned the registry of any old zone labs files using jv16 then rebooted.
Tried the auto update but still the same old annoying message about unable to connect.
Have re installed zone alarm again.
Dont you love computers?......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5