cant get pc sound on laptop

stephen0205 21:23 09 Jan 07

hi there i downloaded the sound drivers for my acer laptop ( rite drivers ) and installed em and still no sound. and when u go into setting and audio it is grey and u cant select anything HELP PLEASE !!!!!

Belatucadrus 22:44 09 Jan 07

We're going to need more info :-
What model Acer laptop is it ?
What version of Windows ?
You say you installed the drivers, what exactly did you do ? Most Acer drivers come as a zip file and will need unpacking before they're usable.

stephen0205 12:48 10 Jan 07

the laptop is about a year old and out of warrenty and its an acer aspire 3661 with a fresh install of windows xp media center ( real disk not a copy )and i went to install my drivers for the laptop. i got them from acers website for my model. They have worked before when i had vista beta versions installed.but no u install them and it says pc needs to restart so i let it restart and still no sound and when u co to the sound settings it is grey boxes and dosent let u pick anything. thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…