Can't get past startup page

s99Raj 21:24 30 Nov 05

I have a Tiny PC which starts up with no beeps and doesn't respond to any keyboard strokes (I've tried 3 different keyboards), so I can't even get into the BIOS.

I've tried resetting the CMOS using a jumper on the m/b but this hasn't worked. Sometimes, but only sometimes, it will beep twice on startup. I've tried changing the video card and the memory but still get the same problem.

The computer cgets to the screen at startup which says "Tiny" and "click here" but stays stuck there.

Is the thing dead?

s99Raj 21:41 30 Nov 05

P.S. i can't even get it to startup from a CD so that i could at least try formatting the hd etc.

Any ideas please?

woodchip 21:47 30 Nov 05

If it beeps more than once you have a problem. A guess would be memory. If you have more than one stick of memory remove one at a time and test. The memory should be in the lowest slot 0 or 1

s99Raj 21:50 30 Nov 05

There's only one memory stick which I've tried changing but still get the same problem. It is in the lowest slot.

s99Raj 22:39 30 Nov 05

I stuck in a "new" old processor - that did the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…