cant get past standard VGA on my laptop

bigboab y 10:06 20 Nov 05

I have fallen heir to an Advent 7240 with Windows ME installed.. I cant get the display to run better than "standard VGA" 640x480... I think I need the driver for whatever graphics is fitted in the machine.Any ideas guys/gals

Diodorus Siculus 10:09 20 Nov 05

click here
Lavalys - Comprehensive IT Security and Management

Everest Home Edition will tell you what components are in the machine and you can then download relevant drivers from the manufacturer site.

bigboab y 10:23 20 Nov 05

I have run "Aida" and it only shows standard vga adapter ... i'll try Everest.. but putting Advent 7240 in Google only brings up battery sellers .. I believe this machine is made by Asus but I cant find the model number on the site... the "type" name on the bottom of the lappy is L 7200.. cant find that either on Asus site..pisk a window time (nearly)

Diodorus Siculus 10:32 20 Nov 05

"SMI 910 Lynx/Graphics accelerator."
click here

This page suggests the above graphics in the machine but as you say, not easy to find out much.

Skyver 10:38 20 Nov 05
  Skyver 10:42 20 Nov 05

The download link from the main page appears to be broken but you can still get drivers click here

bigboab y 10:54 20 Nov 05

I feel foolish... looked in the carry case which came with the machine... and lo! what do I findeth... the bliddy system cd with the graphics driver on it!!!!! Now all is well.. sorry for making you scratch your heads guys/gals
but at least I found some interesting sites..Thanks again lots of graciasses

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…