Can't get past login screen

klop 09:16 03 Apr 05

I am running Windows XP (upgraded) but, all of a sudden, I can't log on. The "log on to Windows" box appears wanting a password but since I have never entered a password to be used, I usually just click on OK and I am logged on with no trouble. But now all I get is another box which says "The system could not log you on. Make sure your user name and domain are correct, then type your password again. Letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case." Anyone know why this has happened and how I can fix it please?

VoG II 09:36 03 Apr 05
  klop 15:50 03 Apr 05

Sorry didn't work.Pressing ALT & TAB did nothing and the rest of the article didn't apply as you can't do anything with the registry if you can't log on. I'd appreciate anything else.

AndySD 16:27 03 Apr 05

XP Pro or Home?

Try going into safe mode and making sure there is no password.

woodchip 17:01 03 Apr 05

Try getting into safe mode by starting computer and keep pressing F8. if you gat in I think you may have a Driver problem so Go to start\run type msconfig then go to startup tab remove all ticks from box's and try a normal start of computer if it gets in put one tick back at a time and test

woodchip 17:01 03 Apr 05

Try getting into safe mode by starting computer and keep pressing F8. if you get in I think you may have a Driver problem so Go to start\run type msconfig then go to startup tab remove all ticks from box's and try a normal start of computer if it gets in put one tick back at a time and test

klop 19:18 04 Apr 05

I'm sorry but the same thing happened. The log into Windows dialog box appeared wanting a password as usual with the same response as before. I am using XP home.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…