Cant get past log in

AJ28 20:17 15 Aug 04

After running a virus checker and finding over 100 virus' i restarted my computer to find i cant get past the log in bit. It starts up and you see the background of the desktop and then it goes. It then goes onto the log on bit with the one user we have. When clicked on though it makes the noise for opening windows then closes straight back onto the log in screen again. There is no way around this at all, ive tried safe mode but it does just the same. Does anyone have any ideas

VoG II 20:22 15 Aug 04

Try a repair click here assuming this is Windows XP.

AJ28 20:29 15 Aug 04

Thanx very much

unfortunatly i dont have a windows xp cd which you need. ill have to find someone that does, thanx anyway

VoG II 20:34 15 Aug 04

I can't think of any other way. ANY XP disk should work.

cga 20:58 15 Aug 04

Try this in the hope that it is just your account that is damaged.

on the log on screen press Ctl-Alt-Del

Do the same a second time

A logon window should appear

type in 'administrator' leave the password blank

Hopefully this will log you on as administrator.

If you get this far then post back and someone should be able to give you repair suggestions

AJ28 21:03 15 Aug 04

nope unfortunatly ive tried and it didnt work

cga 21:07 15 Aug 04

Sorry about that - It was just a thought.

AJ28 21:10 15 Aug 04

thanx anyway, ive found a couple of websites which give a way out of this now my next problem occurs that bios wont open because it has a password on it. I cant be sure whether its always been like this since i got it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…