Can`t Get New Floppy to Work, Help Please

Green 1 02:47 31 Oct 06

I have just got a new USB Floppy drivefor my new computer as I have some old stuff to transfer, I plugged it in and the computer recognised it but there is nothing anywhere to tell me how to upload from the Floppy or to download to the Floppy and after looking in the help file it said to go to the "A" drive but there isn`t an "A" drive, can anybody please help me to use my Floppy, I`m not very techie so can the replies be simple please. Many thanks for any replies I may get.

Catastrophe 03:22 31 Oct 06

When you doubleclick on My Computer do you not see an A icon?

If you do, put in a floppy and doubleclick on the A icon to see the contents.

Technotiger 08:29 31 Oct 06

Hi, your usb floppy should be shown as B in My Computer, even if you do not have any other floppy. Does it show in My Computer? If not you might have to go into the BIOS to enable USB.

Technotiger 08:34 31 Oct 06

You can also check in Devices - right-click on My Computer, then on Properties, then on the Hardware tab, then on Device Manager. You will then see all your hardware items listed, at the bottom of the list you should see Universal Serial Bus controllers, left-click on the plus sign, you then see your usb floppy listed as something like "TEAC USB Floppy" without the commas.

Cheers

Green 1 01:55 01 Nov 06

Many thanks for the help, you have all been very kind and helpful, all is now working after going into the device manager.

Technotiger 05:40 01 Nov 06

Great, well done and Welcome to the Forum.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…