Cant get my master cd's to run on my pb easynote.

frichieb 15:13 02 Jul 06

HI all, I was bored one night and i decided to add another partition to my pb easynote using partition magic. so that i could have a dual boot system using the pre install windows xp and a copy of win me. Needless to say it all went wrong and i lost (deleted) the hidden partition on my harddrive wich contained all the progs etc that came with the computer. So now i had to install my windows me onto the hardrive just to get the computer running. I have 3 master cds wich came with the computer and when i boot from the 1st cd i get the following error: Bad EXTHS..
Any help from you guys would be very welcome.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:17 02 Jul 06

you need the red floppy disc to go with the cds M8

I saw on the Recovery CD there was a /floppy folder in the root directory. In there contained a bunch of files that I could safely assume were for the Recovery CD. Looking at the autoexec.bat file in Notepad, the text definitely showed that it was for the Recovery CD. But, you can't just copy these files to a floppy disk and boot to it...the floppy disk needs to be formatted and made a MS-DOS startup disk.

This guide might help with other systems, but these are the steps I took in my main system running Windows XP.

1. Insert a floppy disk.
2. Open My Computer
3. Right-click the floppy drive, and click Format
4. Check "Create an MS-DOS Startup Disk"
5. Click "Start"
6. When complete, insert the Recovery CD into your CD drive and navigate to it in My Computer
7. Navigate to X:\floppy (where X is the designated letter of your CD drive)
8. Select all the files (CTRL+A)
9. Right-click any one of them, go to Send To > 3 1/2" Floppy Disk A:
10. If a window asks if you want to overwrite any files, click "Overwrite All"
11. When finished, remove the floppy disk and Recovery CD, move the write tab of the floppy disk up so it won't be written to, and insert both floppy disk and CD into the Packard Bell (with it on, of course).
12. Reboot the Packard Bell, and it should boot to the floppy disk. Within a few moments, the main Recovery CD screen should appear, waiting for your choice on what to do.

frichieb 15:42 02 Jul 06

cheers for that info fruit bat but i do not have a floppy drive on my laptop.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:29 02 Jul 06

n you get to DOS?

place the Master CD1 in cd drive.

Drop to a DOS prompt after the errors and enter the command EXTHS /RESTORE
and reboot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5