cant get my laptop to connect to my router

tails1992 00:33 02 Nov 09

hi im tom my laptop is a toshiba p4010
intel pentium 3 processor
mobile cpu 933mhz
240 mb of ram

router
d-link dsl-2640r

i have connected to my laptop to my router before but my dad had the laptop for a little while bofore i got it back and now it wont connect i find it and i type in the password and nothing every time it comes up limited acess i have 2 brothers that bothe use laptops and they connect fine can anyone help

ArrGee 10:24 02 Nov 09

Could be a number of problems. Have you tried a system restore to the point before your dad had the laptop?

Also, I sometimes find that by connecting to the router once via an enthernet cable then allows wireless there-on.

It's worth checking your device manager to make sure there aren't any conflicting drivers (Start - Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager)

mgmcc 12:30 02 Nov 09

When you connect to a wireless network a "profile" is saved so that, in future, the adapter will connect to the network automatically whenever it is available.

Try deleting any existing profile for your network and then go through the procedure to "Connect" again when a new profile will be saved. How you delete the profile depends whether you're using third-party software provided with the WiFi adapter, or Windows "Wireless Zero Configuration". click here

tails1992 01:51 05 Nov 09

i can connect via cableand my network shows its wifi enabled i tryed it round my m8s same problem on me laptop it wont connect wirelessly but wire it says the same wifi enabled and i typed in password correct

tullie 07:06 05 Nov 09

And get some more memory,240 mgs isent going to run anything very well.

Jollyjohn 18:50 08 Nov 09

If you look in control panel - hardware - device mananger - are there any yellow exclamation marks or red crosses on your wireless network device?

Are you sure the wireless device is switched on on the laptop. Its too easy on some to accidentally switch it off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…