Can't get my Hotmail (outlook express) to work

KorgY 19:16 27 Nov 09

Hello:)

Since a while now i haven't been able to send/receive email in my Outlook exspress (2007) account with my hotmail account (EG: [email protected])

I set my account up as normal, and when clicking send/receive, i get:

"Established network connection" (tick,

"Search for [email protected]" (tick)

Log on to server (CROSS)

I know my password etc is righ, as I use it in windows live/msn etc, so does anyone know how i can get it working? I have sucessfully set up a google mail account though, so it works on that.

TIA

KorgY

johnnyrocker 19:40 27 Nov 09

it is my understanding that some time ago hotmail posted all holders for weeks that they would be changing the system and might this be it?

johnny

KorgY 19:47 27 Nov 09

I think i heard something like that john, but at least i can get a google mail working:)

KorgY

KorgY 19:50 27 Nov 09

Reason \i want to get it working, is because I hope to get an Iphone 3Gs from Tesco's soon, and Sync the Iphone to outlook Express.

KorgY

David4637 15:52 28 Nov 09

Hotmail changed the OE settings which came into force in September 09. You have to create a NEW hotmail account with POP3 settings, then you delete the old hotmail account cause it does not work any more. Put a Google search and you should find the info on the hotmail web page. My OE POP3 Hotmail account works OK. David

Sea Urchin 16:31 28 Nov 09

Here's a link to Hotmail Help - in the search box type 'Use Outlook Express' and then click on 'How do I add my e-mail account to Microsoft Outlook Express?'

It will give you full instructions on how to set up a new account

click here

KorgY 17:38 28 Nov 09

thank you all for your help:)

KorgY

jaraba 21:38 28 Nov 09

Any know of a good & free ftp software.
One that is easyto use for a beginner

Sea Urchin 22:48 28 Nov 09

I suggest you start your own thread with appropriate title

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…