Can't get multiple monitors to work on my Medion

Chitterlow 20:40 19 Aug 07

My Medion PC has VGA and DVI output sockets. When I connect monitors to both and boot up, I get identical displays on both, right until the blue "Welcome" screen and then I lose the signal on the VGA connected monitor, getting a "No input signal detected" message. The reason I want to do this is to use the PC as a Karaoke machine. It seems as if my PC needs to have the dual monitor feature enabled but I can't find a way to do this.

This is the fourth time I have asked for help from the forum, and on the previous three occasions you have come up trumps, Can you do it again?

Chitterlow

woodchip 21:10 19 Aug 07

Right Click Desktop\Properties\Settings\Advaced\Monitor set it to dual from drop down

Chitterlow 21:16 19 Aug 07

Hi Guys. I have now succeeded in enabling both monitors, but monitor 2 is displaying a continuation of monitor one, (i.e. I can move the cursor across from 1 to 2). How do I get them to display the same image?

Rich_B 21:24 19 Aug 07

On the desktop rightclick and go to "Properties".
From there what you have can vary depending on the graphics card and software. But as a general thing; click Settings and you may see a tickbox that says "Extend Desktop onto this monitor".

You will see 2 screens showing in the window here. This box may be greyed out depending on which monitor is sellected.
Good luck
R

woodchip 21:28 19 Aug 07

You cannot. You have a Extended Desktop. You can change them round if you want. Just drag a file or photo to other desk

DieSse 01:45 20 Aug 07

As Rich_B says, there's usually a setting in the display properties somewhere which enables you to have an extended desktop or a duplicate desktop.

On my GeF5200 I've used the duplicate desktop setting often at our Computer Club for demos.

I don't know for sure if this is true of all display adapters and driver versions - which do you have?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…