Can't get monitor to display more than 16 clo(u)rs

Nonagon 14:49 08 Jul 05

I'm based in Dublin ,Ireland .

I purchased a pc in Munich in december . It is ASRock P4i45GV Rev.3together with AOC 19" LCD Monitor.

There is an Intel Graphics Max . 64 Mb RAM VGA.

I can't get the monitor to display more than 16 colors which is some kind of default position.

The options to heighten color or increse no. of colors in Properties > settings is greyed out .

I think this is a driver problem,the Video Card is not "talking to" the monitor and the monitor does n't know there is a much more high powered VGa available.

Can someone help with this please?
N.

JayDay 14:53 08 Jul 05

It sounds like the drivers for your graphics card aren't installed. Go to the graphics card website and download & install the latest drivers.

THE TERMINATOR 15:12 08 Jul 05
  Nonagon 15:13 08 Jul 05

Thanks for that -but being a self taught amateur there are significant gaps in my knowledge. I don't know exactly how to do this i.e. what website to go to and what to do with the download to make it work when Iget it!

JayDay 15:20 08 Jul 05

The driver you download may be an executable file. So all you do is run it by double clicking it.

steve12345 15:33 08 Jul 05

Also, you may want to check if Windows has the correct monitor selected.

Right-click your windows desktop, select properties/settings/advanced/monitor and have a look there.

Nonagon 15:49 08 Jul 05

I did that check and it says it's a default monitor.

I tried to download a driver called P416GV180 but when I double click it it says "Windows cannot find Program.exe.

This program is needed for opening files of type'Zip File Archive'

Location of Program.exe:
And asks you to browse -I don't know how to do this

VoG II 15:54 08 Jul 05

You need some unzipping software - click here free trial.

THE TERMINATOR 15:59 08 Jul 05

Have you been to the windows update page, to see if there are any drivers there? By the way what o/s do you have?

steve12345 16:06 08 Jul 05

It shouldn't say "default monitor". Is there a "change monitor" button? If so, click that and try to find your monitor in the list.

WARNING! **** Don't select any-old monitor from the list as you could possibly damage it ****

Nonagon 16:31 08 Jul 05

It clearly says default monitor

On the Settings tab itself it sats (Default Monitor)on VGA

I downloaded the free win zip trialand this has confused me out right I never used this programme before and I think I need aN IDIOTS GUIDE.
I now have this message inthe ADD box

C:\P4i65GV180.zip

but i can't move on from there.

In fact an idiots guide to computing might be handy-never underestimate the gaps in the knowledge of the self taught amatuer!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…