Can't get mic to work

GarethW 15:51 16 Jul 05

My kids have ben badgering me for a mic to use on msn messenger - i bought one but can't seem to get it to work! i've checked all the audio settings, its in the right socket, the mic is switched on, but it will not work. I have no problems listening to others, but others cannot hear me! This is not just a msn problem as it will not work with other programs eg skype, or recording. I have tried two different mics, so it is not a faulty piece of kit..........HELP!!

woodchip 15:56 16 Jul 05

Right click Sound Icon in system tray open volume control\options top left corner recording make sure mic is selected for recoding

GarethW 16:04 16 Jul 05

mic is selected for recording - ta anyway

ACOLYTE 16:05 16 Jul 05

Have you run the audio wizard in MSN and have you tried turning the firewall off of to a lower setting.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:16 16 Jul 05

control panel -sounds and audi devices-voice - voice recording (check correct device) - volume -recording control (check mic is selected and volume slider is at top)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…