cant get internet page up

jimbob61 21:42 06 Nov 07

I run a acer 1640 and when I am out on the road I use a dial up wireless internet card on a PCMcia card which goes into the PCMCIA slot on my laptop and then takes my mobile phone sim card, which in turn connects the whole lot to the net via my mobile phone provider which is Orange. the PC connects to the net when I activate the card via the Mobile Phone Tools software, but I just cannot get any page to come up. I know that I am connected, as when I go into the connection status it tells me that there is data sending and receiving. When I get to a wireless hotspot I get the net no problem at all. I get the connection and any page I want. One thing that I have noticed, is that when the page is trying to load from the wireless dial up card, I gat an error message comming up on the bottom left of the screen, but it comes up so fast that I cant make it out.Please can anyone out there help as I need this facility out on the road.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…