can't get game to work

ryankyeanne 21:23 05 Feb 09

I recently bought a dell and video card for it. call of duty 4 will download but when I try to play it tells me to insert dvd when the dvd is in the drive can anyone help????????????

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 23:07 05 Feb 09

1) Check to see if there is an update available for that game, it may well be known to them and they may have put a fix in the latest update

2) Ask on some gaming forums to see if anyone else has had this problem, they may already have a solution.

3) Contact the people who made the game, it's their software - they know the game code better than anyone else, they should be able to assist you.

4) (I DO NOT recommend or encourage you to do this) You could search for a 'No DVD crack' and hopefully that will work. If you do go down this route because the other options have not worked then I advise you do a virus scan of the file. click here

Sorry I don't have a solution because I don't play that game or many games at all for that matter.

mrwoowoo 23:26 05 Feb 09

Instead of using the desktop shortcut, trying going through the start menu.
Alternatively go into your program files and the Activisin folder to find the exe file to launch it from there.
When you say'call of duty 4 will download 'what do you mean.Download what?
You say you have the disc so what did you download?

tullie 20:40 06 Feb 09

Do you mean instal and not download?If its installed from a disk,then its normal to have the game disk in the drive for most games.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…