Can't get Film4, What's wrong?

rickf 12:46 31 Jul 06

Hi All,
I have a Philips DTR 1500 Digital TV box but I can't get Film4 which is now free. On their site it says its on channel 31. 31 is Ceebies. I have updated and rescan for new channels but still can't get it. I thought the Freeview Box and Digital Box are the same. Are they?
Thanks for any help.
rick

rickf 12:58 31 Jul 06

bump^^^^Any chance of help from knowledgeable people here? Thanks

Sethhaniel 12:59 31 Jul 06

after a certain time ie after 7pm to Film 4

;) will oook into it

rickf 13:05 31 Jul 06

Hi Seth,
It didn't for me I tried to watcha film at 9pm last night and couldn't get the channel. Thanks for looking into it. Cheers

Fellsider 13:11 31 Jul 06

I wouldn't have thought that the technology would be vastly different.
I have a Philips DTR500 and Film 4 is on 31.

Nortius Maximus 13:15 31 Jul 06

Some time ago the channels all got renumbered. Cbeebies is now 70-something and Film4 is, as you say, 31.

It may be the rescanning is just looking for new channels that have been added and isn't removing your old settings.

There may be an option on the menu(s) for something like "new installtion set-up", or in the instruction booklet, or maybe Phillips can tell you.

Sethhaniel 13:15 31 Jul 06

On Sunday 23 July 2006 at 9pm, Film Four renamed to Film4 and became subscription-free. To coincide with the launch on Freeview, the channel gets a makeover although the channel's editorial policy won't be changing.

The free-to-view channel is on Freeview channel 31. It's also available subscription-free on Sky channel 315, NTL channel 701/50 and Telewest channel 444.

maybe on different channel as some boxes when they are set up have a total different set of numbers and some are user selectable ;)

rickf 13:20 31 Jul 06

Hi Felsider,
Did you have to rescan. I have trioed a no. of times and it hasn't worked. Any clues? Thanks

bazza2 13:25 31 Jul 06

I think the freeview channel that Film4 is now on used to be More4 + 1.
Do you have a channel listed as More4 + 1??
My Daewoo iDTV used to get More4 + 1 which I rescanned last week, and Film4 appeared with no problems.

Sethhaniel 13:25 31 Jul 06

once scanned -
may have to unlock that channel to change it

lin_ 13:28 31 Jul 06

I had the same problem, mine is a Panasonic, what I did was go to menu, then tuning menu, then auto setup, it does change a few channels ie cbeebies will be on 70 / 71 and I think ITV4 will be on 30 something

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…