Can't get e-mail access

Nightmanager 17:12 31 Jul 05

I am running windows xp second edition and can not access e-mail from any log on other than the main log on. How do I allow other members of my family to gain access to e-mail on their log ons

lotvic 23:39 31 Jul 05

Is that XP Home Edition? We need more details....

do you mean when the others log on they can't connect to the Internet?

How did you/they create their email account?

Are you using Outlook Express to collect email? or is it Webmail using Internet Explorer browser?

Nightmanager 01:10 01 Aug 05

The software is XP professional.
The others can't connect to the internet on their log on, nor receive any e-mail, other than through my log on. I created their accounts in Outlook Express and use Outlook Express to collect their mail. Any help will be useful. Thanks

lotvic 20:06 01 Aug 05

Start > connect to > (click on your ISP) > in the connection box that opens make sure there is a tick in the box 'Save this user name and password for the following users' and the dot is in the circle 'Anyone who uses this computer'

In their email accounts make sure that they are configured to use for connection 'any available'

Outlook Express > Tools > Accounts > (box opens 'Internet Accounts') Mail > highlight the Account > properties > Connection > and remove the tick from the box 'Always connect to this account using'

Nightmanager 01:37 03 Aug 05

Thanks for the help lotvic, after reloading wanadoo onto PC then following your advice all users are now able to gain access to internet and e-mails

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…