Can't get DSL 2mb service for apparently no reason

Itwillblowyourmind 14:21 28 Feb 04

I have tried getting a 2mb service from bulldogdsl.com. All started off fine, then they told me that BT have refused to connect my line at 2mb, so I thought I would do some checking of my own.

It turns out that:-

I live 3.2k from the exchange (that is the lenght of line, not line of sight which is about 2.7k).

Several people that I know of in the area can get the service, including my nextdoor neighbours.

After contacting BT (on several occasions) they have basically said that I am unable to get a 2mb service, but, their is nothing actually wrong with my line.

I know my line is very quite, but I have read somewhere that getting BT to put gain on the line actually kills the ADSL signal. (is this true?)

I currently have a Freeserve 512k Broadband connection, and the results don't seem to bad. click here

Is their anything I can do to try and find out exactly what the problem is.????

Chegs ® 16:18 28 Feb 04

You could try contacting BT yourself and asking why they state you cannot have 2Mb line as your neighbours can.

anon1 16:32 28 Feb 04

Maybe you cant get it because the neighbours already got it and so would weaken the signal to both if you got it too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…