can,t get copy of internet explorer 6

myfoot 19:57 23 Mar 05

Funny you migh think but I,m honestly stuck.
I'm at present in an instution and have the use of some old PC,s which however are not on the net. The browser version on them is IE 5. I need IE 6 to acess some of the free cd,s I have. Now when I go to the Microsoft site all I have been able to find is this IE setup tool which analyses the PC in this net cafe and then refuses to download any version of IE because this one is bang up todate.
Hope yo see where I'm coming from. I think I want IE6 SP1 which will run on WIN 98SE. I can download it here at the net cafe and burn to disk. Have tried a few download sites and have not been able to find aly ISP disks which would have IE on theThanks
MYFOOT

Joe R 20:00 23 Mar 05
  stalion 20:01 23 Mar 05

check downloads on this site it has IE6
Regards

Technotiger 20:06 23 Mar 05

Hi, you should be able to find IE6 on pc magazine cover-disks. I know PC Home have had it on their disks many times. If you have trouble finding one, you may contact me by yellow envelope and I will send you a copy of one of mine.

Cheers.

Technotiger 20:08 23 Mar 05

Me again - just seen that click-here above, you won't be needing mine.

Cheers.

myfoot 20:15 23 Mar 05

I seem to have it here click here at the address
given by Joe R. The adress seems to be rich in many versions of IE. IE6 SP1 is 77MB wouldnt try that on dial up
Thaks
rgds
myfoot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…