Can't get connected, can't open IE normally.

Daveken 09:20 07 Dec 03

My laptop pc operates on Windows ME and I have Internet Explorer 6 installed on it. At the moment, I am experiencing 2 problems.
First, my IE window takes more than two minutes to open either after I clicked on the icon itself or any IE file online or offline.
This problably lead to my second problem: connection. Anytime I try to make a new connection through Freeserve, in the end the Internet Connection Wizard shows the following message: COULD NOT LAUNCH INTERNET EXPLORER. PLEASE VERIFY THAT INTERNET EXPLORER IS INSTALLED. This is strange because I've already installed IE6. I even used the IE6's ADD/REMOVE utility in order to repair any fault. Yet I'm still unconnected and completely offline. P/s help.

Diodorus Siculus 11:47 07 Dec 03

Sounds like some sort of configuration problem; have you tried to empty temp internet files, cookies and so on? Seems that you have used the repair utility, I don't know what else to suggest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…