can't get into BIOS

Hi, i have just put a new motherboard,processor,memory and graphics card together ,i turn on the pc and it powers up but i get nothing on my monitor ,the green light on the power switch stays lit and when i try to turn the pc off ,it wont go off ,i have to unplug it from the wall socket to make it go off ,can anyone help me please.thanks in advance.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:03 10 Sep 04

Probably the graphics card not inserted fully, they require alot of effort to insert. make sure gold contacts completely disappeared inside AGP slot. support MOBO while pushing home the Card.

geeza 14:11 10 Sep 04

Just a thought.
check to make sure that all the connectors (from the case to the mobo) are on the correct pins. the mobo manual should give you the instructions for these.

k i took the graphics card out and inserted it back in makin sure the gold contacts had completely disappeared ,but i'm still gettin same thing happening

cream. 14:22 10 Sep 04

Some things here for you to check.

Make sure the Jbat jumper (cmos)is not in the open position.

Check the lead from the case to the reset switch on your motherboard, turn the connection round and try.

Are the ram locking toggles fully upright, reseat them again.

Is the cpu fan spinning?

the Jbat jumper is not in the open position ,the reset switch has been changed ,but my main problem is still with the screen ,the pc is on but the screen wont even come on atall i dont understand why the screen wont come on as it is plugged into the wall even if the grapgics card is faulty(witch i'm thinking it is ,but hey i'm no expert ,lol)i dont know why the monitor wont come on

the Jbat jumper is not in the open position ,the reset switch has been changed ,but my main problem is still with the screen ,the pc is on but the screen wont even come on atall i dont understand why the screen wont come on as it is plugged into the wall even if the grapgics card is faulty(witch i'm thinking it is ,but hey i'm no expert ,lol)i dont know why the monitor wont come on

AndySD 19:20 11 Sep 04

Remove and reseat the RAM

PC Buffoon 08:22 12 Sep 04

On bootup after the ASUS grafic is displayed showing ,'press delete to enter BIOS', I get the message 'No driver attached to fastrack controller BIOS not installed'.
It was OK 'til I bought a Logitech internet navigator keyboard last week... now when I press delete to enter the BIOS, nothing happens then the above message comes on screen.
Tried reinstalling all the drivers.... but no differencr.

cream. 09:11 12 Sep 04

Have you reseated the ram as AndySD and I suggested.

You don't say if you have checked the graphics card as suggested by other forum members, it must be fully inserted.

If you still have no luck, then disconnect all your IDE devices, hard drives > cdroms > dvd's. Take out any PCI cards, sound card > modem > lan card or any other in the PCI slots. See if it will boot to bios. If it does then switch off and just connect the hard drive. Then the cdrom and one piece at a time. You are connecting the red stripe of the IDE cable adjacent to the red wire of the power connector.

The other thing that springs to mind, but should not stop it displaying . You say " i have just put a new motherboard,processor,memory and graphics card", is the hard drive off the old motherboard with an operating system and all your files or has it been formatted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…