Can't get AVG to update

Fateful Shadow 16:57 22 Sep 03

As the title suggests, I am not able to get AVG to update. When I click on the update button (from free.grisoft.cz) it hangs for about 10 seconds and then says that an automatic connection could not be made.

Is anyone else experiencing this at the moment?

hugh-265156 17:19 22 Sep 03

i get it too.just keep trying,you will get thru eventually.

Djohn 17:37 22 Sep 03

As huggyg71 says, it does this at times even on B/B. Think it's just down to the site being busy. I've always found the best time to check is from 5am through to 11am. I always get an instant connection between those times. j.

Lionheart? 17:44 22 Sep 03

If I have problems with the updates I go to Grisoft site and download from there.

Elrond 18:47 22 Sep 03

Check what version you have(open AVG Control Centre and then go info tab) I currently have version 6.0.520 and virus database 318. If you have an eariler version than this then go to click here and download the updated program.

justme 19:08 22 Sep 03

I too have experienced difficulties in connecting to grisoft for updates. The problems started for me when they changed to free.grisoft.cz which makes me wonder if the paying customers are getting priority and all us freeloading ones have to wait until we can get a connection.

I am not complaining about paying customers getting preferencial treatment as they are the ones subsidising my free version and I appreciate the protection I am getting free, gratis and for nothing.

Patr100 20:16 22 Sep 03

Yes, it sometimes does this or tells you it is up to date when it isn't , I think when the server is busy - just try a day or so later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…