can't get address bar back

justkevin 12:28 29 Dec 06

I removed address bar to gain more screen space and when I came to put it back,it doesn't appear.I go to view toolbars address is ticked but it still doesn't appear.I've gone into defrag,then checkdisk but this has no effect.I am running wk2000 Professional.

Technotiger 12:46 29 Dec 06

Hi,

Open IE and right click on any toolbar that is there. Select Address Bar from the popup menu.

If selected, check at the top right for a small vertical bar and drag it lower, this may be your address bar.

Make sure "lock tool bar" is unchecked.

justkevin 14:58 29 Dec 06

thanks a million Technotiger , no ,make that 2 million, don't want people thinking I'm a cheapskate

Technotiger 16:33 29 Dec 06

Cheers ... Happy New Year

Wish intelligent computerites wouldn't make me feel so stupid, so easily - I'm a whizz with a camera, btw.

click here

What would make it disappear in the first place?

Technotiger 19:19 19 Apr 07

Sorry, been away helping someone else with pc problem. Any number of things can make the bar disappear, even just touching the wrong key or combination of keys on the keyboard.

Just looked at your Site, very impressive, loved the pics. Used to be a bit of a dab-hand with the cam myself - light-years ago. Now my son is wielding the cameras ... have a look at his Site, all pics/art work/layout, in fact the lot, apart from a small number of the photo's, all his own work on his home computer - a Mac. The only bit he does not do himself, is the actual printing - it is a Glossy Mag, professionally printed. All mags Free to download!!

click here

Technotiger 19:21 19 Apr 07

PS - don't forget to Green-tick your thread as Resolved. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…